Recipe: Appetizing Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing
Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing. Superfood Broccoli Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing. This post may contain affiliate links. A superfood broccoli salad packed with nutrition!
You can make this a main dish salad by adding cooked chicken. Combine dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly. Toss dressing with salad just before serving. You can have Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing
- Prepare 2 of medium heads of broccoli.
- It’s 1 of apple, cored and diced.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pecans.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pepitas (or sunflower seeds).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayo.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided.
- You need 2 tbsp. of honey (or more to taste).
- Prepare 2 tsp. of poppy seeds.
- You need pinch of salt.
Broccoli Apple Salad Recipe loaded with crisp apples, walnuts and creamy lemon dressing. Apple Broccoli Salad has been a family favorite for years. Fresh Broccoli and Apple Salad with Walnuts. Healthy apple broccoli salad with chickpeas, dried cherries, carrots, pecans and fresh herbs.
Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing step by step
- Start by soaking your diced apples in a mix of 1 cup water and 1 tbsp. lemon juice for 5 minutes. This will help prevent them from browning. Then drain them and place them in a large bowl..
- For the broccoli, you want to trim off the florets into small, bite sized pieces. Place them in the bowl with the apples, the grated carrot, the dried cranberries, walnuts and pepitas (or sunflower seeds). Toss it all together..
- Next, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream (or yogurt), the remaining 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, honey, poppy seeds and salt. Taste and add either more lemon juice or more honey, to suit your taste..
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss well to incorporate the dressing onto everything..
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving and refrigerate any leftovers. This will stay good for 2-3 days..
Tossed together in a light honey dijon dressing to bring this salad together. Easy to make, great for lunch or parties and makes excellent leftovers! This easy, healthy broccoli salad has crunchy broccoli, apple, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries in a creamy homemade dressing. I just shot a kale-broccoli salad with a Greek yogurt poppyseed dressing the other day because I don't like mayo either! lol. Broccoli Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing and Fruit – There's broccoli slaw, and then there's THIS broccoli slaw—tossed with red grapes, sliced · Healthy apple broccoli salad with chickpeas, dried cherries, carrots, pecans and fresh herbs.