Recipe: Yummy Chicken Flautas
Chicken Flautas. Flautas are rolled tacos that are fried until golden and crispy. Vianney from South Texas here to share with you how to make the tastiest flautas filled with juicy shredded chicken. Chicken flautas, also known as rolled tacos, are tortillas filled with seasoned chicken and deep-fried for a View image.
When tacos are rolled tightly and pan-fried until crisp so they resemble tubes or "flutes," they become flautas. Add chicken and salsa; stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, cheese and Season with salt, to taste. You can cook Chicken Flautas using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Flautas
- Prepare can of cooking spray.
- Prepare 2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 can of Green Chiles-chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter or oil.
- You need 8 of chicken thighs- precooked and shredded.
- You need 4 oz of sour cream.
- You need 6 oz of cream cheese- softened.
- It’s 4 oz of salsa-I just used Tostitos brand but any will work.
- It’s 1 can of sweet corn- drained.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese- shredded.
- You need of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 18 of tortillas- flour.
To serve, arrange flautas on a platter of shredded lettuce and serve with Avocado. Fried chicken flautas made with flour tortilla and fresh ingredients. Flautas are basically taquitos but made using flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas. My favorite flauta recipe, from a Mexican cookbook by Jane Milton.
Chicken Flautas step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium pan with 2 tbs. Oil or butter, saute chilis and onion until softened..
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas in a large bowl..
- Put about 2-3 spoonfuls of the filling mixture on an outer third of the tortillas and roll..
- Place rolled tortillas in pan and cook for about 15 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp and lightly browned. They can also be placed under the broiler for a few minutes, being careful not to burn the tortillas..
- There should be enough filling and tortillas to make 2 pans of this. I made one for dinner and then froze another pan for a meal at a later date. Be sure to thaw the flautas before cooking second batch..
The addition of cheese inside makes them very tasty! I serve these with crema (or sour creme) and homemade salsa. Before we get started it's worth mentioning that Flautas sometimes moonlight as Taquitos, and vice versa. In Mexico, Flautas are traditionally made with corn tortillas. These Baked Chicken Flautas are simple, delicious, and full of flavor.