How to Prepare Perfect Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork. Pulled pork is an American barbecue dish, more specifically a dish of the Southern U. S., based on shredded barbecued pork shoulder. It is prototypically slow-smoked over wood (usually outdoors); indoor variations use a slow cooker.
People line up for the tender, saucy pork shoulder at food trucks. Succulent pulled pork slow cooked in a smokey homemade barbeque sauce makes perfect sandwiches for picnics We love a classic pulled pork sandwich. But every once in a while, we want. You can have Pulled Pork using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork
- You need 5-6 lbs of pork shoulder or butt.
- It’s 1 of medium white or yellow onion, sliced into half moons.
- Prepare of Dry rub, recipe follow.
- It’s of Tap water.
- You need 1-2 bottles of bbq sauce, such as Dinosaur Barbeque original.
- You need of Dry rub.
- You need 1 Tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Pulled Pork is the Most Popular BBQ Meat. Anyone can make delicious pulled pork. You don't need any fancy equipment of technical cooking skills. This easy pulled-pork recipe cooked in the oven makes the BEST pulled-pork sandwiches.
Pulled Pork instructions
- Dry the pork on all sides with a paper towel. Mix dry rub ingredients together in a bowl, then sprinkle on all sides of the pork and massage into meat..
- Allow meat to come to room temp on the counter for about 1 hour. Add the sliced onions to the slow cooker, then add the pork, fat side up. Fill the slow cooker 3/4 full with water. Cover with lid and cook on low 8-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Turning once half way through..
- Remove the meat and onions from the crock pot with tongs. Discard the cooking liquid. Shred the meat and return meat and onions back to crock pot. Add 1 bottle of bbq sauce and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or more..
- Serve on top of potato buns with extra bbq sauce to taste. Goes well with green apple coleslaw..
And it takes about half the amount of time than it would in a slow cooker. Pulled pork has never been this quick and easy! Learn all the secrets behind my Instant Pot pulled Pulled pork is a BBQ staple here in the South. No BBQ season passes by without the delicious and. Tender, juicy pulled pork has well and truly made its trotter mark on UK dinner tables – but what's the secret to creating an authentic American version?