Recipe: Appetizing Bisi-bele bath
Bisi-bele bath. Bisi bele bath recipe (stovetop & Instant pot options). Also known as Bisi Bele huli anna, it is one of the traditional Karnataka recipes that is prepared in most Kannada speaking homes. Bisi bele bath recipe with step by step photos – Bisi bele bath is a delicious complete and healthy meal of rice, lentils and vegetables.
It is said to have originated in the Mysore Palace and from there spread across the state of Karnataka. The menu was bisi bele bath, Appalam and potato chips. A bigggg vessel of bisi bele bath and homemade potato chips were polished off in no time. #BisiBeleBath #Bisi Bele Bath #CrackedWheatBisiBeleBath #Low Calories Recipe #Rice Recipe. You can cook Bisi-bele bath using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bisi-bele bath
- It’s 1/2 cup of toor dal (split pigeon peas).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oats (Quaker oats).
- Prepare 2-3 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 of small carrot diced.
- It’s 1/2 of small capsicum cubed.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of jaggery (optional).
- It’s 3-4 of french beans chopped.
- Prepare 5-6 of cashews.
- Prepare 7-8 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
Bisi Bele Bath Recipe (Bisi Bele Huli Anna) – a traditional classic dish from Karnataka cuisine. This bisi bele bath is also called bisi bele huli anna (means a hot, tangy dish with dal, rice). Bisi bele bath should have thin consistency. Switch on the stove and bring it to boil by stirring continuously.
Bisi-bele bath step by step
- First, wash and soak toor dal for 10-15 minutes..
- Take a pressure cooker add washed dal along with oats and water a pinch of salt and turmeric (optional) powder cook till 2-3 whistle dal and oats cooked soft..
- Mash the dal to smooth..
- Heat a pan with ghee add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Coriander seeds, curry leaves, cashews, dry red chilli saute for few mins. add vegetables saute for 5-6 minutes..
- Add 1-2 tbsp water cook veggies, add grated coconut, cinnamon powder, jaggery, hing, salt, lemon juice mix well cook for 2-4 mins..
- Pour this veggies seasoning over the bisi bele bath..
- Top bisi vele bath with a small amount of ghee before serving. Served hot with papad..
Add in a tsp of ghee at the end and serve. Tasty bisi bele bath ready to eat. Bisi Bele Bath should be eaten hot, which is BISI in Kannada. This dish is popular in old Mysore region of Karnataka and not known to Coastal and North Karnataka where food culture is entirely different. The name Bisi bele bath itself means hot lentil rice (sambar rice, Karnataka style) I have tried bisi bele bath with a recipe from a cookbook I have.