Recipe: Yummy Guilt Free Summer Squash Medley Bake
Guilt Free Summer Squash Medley Bake. Squash comes in summer and winter varieties, and this recipe highlights two summer types: zucchini and yellow squash. If you're looking to start your own garden at home, summer squash is great for beginning. Tonight I'm frying up some squash to go with my pork and I made some big butter beans, dried butter beans.
This is a lovely side dish or compliment to any main dish either for lunch or dinner. It is also quite attractive on the plate. Summer is in full swing, and summer squash (zucchini, yellow squash, crookneck squash, and pattypan squash) are super versatile; great shredded as a raw salad, grilled with garlic, or, as I did this week when it was too hot to stand over my grill, baked with a generous coating of breadcrumbs and. You can cook Guilt Free Summer Squash Medley Bake using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Guilt Free Summer Squash Medley Bake
- You need 3 of Yellow squash, cubed.
- You need 2 of Zucchini, cubed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter, optional.
- You need 3 clove of Smashed garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Or to taste crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Fat free half and half.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Liquid egg whites.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded American cheese, 2%, divided.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dried minced onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Flour, heaping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bread crumbs mixed with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt, I used panko.
Winter Squash, like butternut squash and acorn squash, is a wonderful first food for your baby. Nothing much in so concocted this lovey light summer dish. Linguine, green beans, spinach, tomato's with king prawns, coated in garlic and chicken stock. View top rated Summer zucchini squash bake recipes with ratings and reviews.
Guilt Free Summer Squash Medley Bake instructions
- In an iron skillet on medium high, heat up the oil and butter with the crushed red pepper and smashed garlic cloves..
- Toss in squash and sauté for a few minutes. Add dried minced onion and flour. Sauté for another minute or so..
- In a bowl combine half and half, egg whites, 1/2 cup of cheese, salt & pepper and whisk. Pork ur into skillet with squash and stir around til bubbling. Remove from heat and add bread crumb mixture on top with rest of cheese. Bake at 375 til golden brown on top..
Sign Up — Free Membership it's free! Recently featured in DailyCandy, Trendhunter, Eater, LaunchSquad, Mashable. A simple summer squash casserole combines yellow squash with eggs, crumbs, onion, and butter. It's then baked until golden brown. Just a few ingredients make a delicious summer side dish for anything barbecued, grilled, or smoked – especially if the squash is home grown!