How to Cook Yummy Raspberry Chicken & Potatoes
Raspberry Chicken & Potatoes. Chicken breasts are marinated with spices and fruit in this easy and very flavorful dish. I pour the marinade over the chicken in a freezer bag, then freeze them for future use. I take them out of the freezer the night before I want to serve them, and thaw in the refrigerator.
Sometimes I make extra to have the next day – chopped over a bed of mixed greens, toasted walnuts & a raspberry vinaigrette. Add the raspberries, butter, balsamic vinegar and lemon zest, and continue cooking. Add broth and vinegar to the skillet. You can have Raspberry Chicken & Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Raspberry Chicken & Potatoes
- It’s 4 of chicken drumsticks.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- Prepare 2 of large potatoes peeled and chopped.
- It’s of Raspberry Sauce (Optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need of drippings from dish once chicken and potatoes are ready.
- You need of water.
- Prepare 3 of -4 tbsp Raspberry Vinaigrette.
Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm. This raspberry chicken recipe makes a tasty meal with hot cooked rice or a small pasta, such as orzo or ditalini. Or serve the chicken with another grain, like farro, quinoa, or couscous. Add cooked spinach or broccoli for a fabulous meal.
Raspberry Chicken & Potatoes instructions
- Marinate frozen chicken in raspberry vinaigrette until chicken is thawed (if chicken's already thawed at least marinate for 1h).
- Peel and chop potatoes, soak in water until chicken is thawed or at least 1h (I used 2 small and 2 medium sized potatoes).
- Preheat oven to 425F, using tongs place chicken into oven safe dish.
- Drain potatoes and arrange around chicken, drizzle remaining marinate over whole dish, place dish in oven for approximately 1h.
- At approximately 30 mins flip chicken over and return dish to oven for another 30 mins or until chicken cooked through.
- Serve with a side of veggies or a nice salad, Enjoy!.
- You don't have to make the sauce, but it goes great for dipping the chicken and potatoes in (though they'll be tasty enough on their own so it's really optional). For the sauce blend all ingredients over high heat whisking constantly until smooth consistency and desired thickness. Drizzle over plate or serve in dip container on the side..
Or slice the cooked chicken and arrange it on fresh spinach leaves with thinly sliced red onions. This chicken also makes a delicious salad. Chill it, then slice and serve over a bed of mixed greens tossed with raspberry vinaigrette and sprinkled with pecans. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. To Serve: Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.