Easiest Way to Make Yummy Broccoli And Spinach Frittata
Broccoli And Spinach Frittata. This spinach, broccoli and cheddar frittata recipe is a simple breakfast, brunch or dinner! I steamed the broccoli in the pan for this frittata, so it's a true one-skillet meal. It might not boast a revolutionary flavor combination, but it's delicious and easy, and satisfies.
A quick and easy broccoli and spinach frittata that's perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I usually make a frittata of some sort every week. Eggs are an excellent source of protein that are easily digested. You can have Broccoli And Spinach Frittata using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli And Spinach Frittata
- Prepare 100 gm of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 tsp minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped, green onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped,yellow onion.
- You need 2 cups of spinach leaves,chopped.
- Prepare 2 slices of whole wheat, broken into bits.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of medium cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of &1/2 tbsp basil leaves,chopped.
- You need 8 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes.
- It’s 2 pinches of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 tbsp + 1 & 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- It’s to taste of salt.
This week I made one from broccoli and spinach because that's what was in the. This spinach broccoli frittata is a simple breakfast recipe with eggs and rich in dozens of nutrition and proteins. A frittata is an alternative way to feed your morning crowd from one pan. And while it may seem similar to other egg dishes The benefits of egg whites are an added bonus to the deliciousness of this savory recipe.
Broccoli And Spinach Frittata step by step
- In a saucepan add water;bring to a boil.Turn heat off, add the broccoli florets, cover and keep aside..
- In a non- stick skilet heat 1 & 1/2 tbsp oil. Add garlic, green onion, yellow onion; saute untill soft and broken..
- Break eggs into a large bowl. Add salt, black pepper powder, nutmeg powder,mustard powder,red chilli flakes. Beat well.Add spinach,basil leaves,soaked bread,cheese(medium and sharp) and sauteed onions. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined..
- Drain the broccoli florets and discard the water..
- In the non- stick, oven proven skillet, heat remaining oil on low heat. When the skillet is hot, add the egg mixture and place the broccoli florets on top..
- Cover and let cook on a low flame until the sides are just set but the top of the egg mixture is still runny..
- Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade..
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove the skillet and place on a wire rock to cool completely before slicing and serving..
Not to mention, the cherry tomatoes, spinach, and broccoli boost your frittata into overdrive. Frittatas can be served hot, or room temperature. Start your day off right with a protein-packed frittata full of veggies! This make ahead breakfast option is perfect throughout the week for a quick meal or snack. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and Easter!