Recipe: Yummy Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro)
Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro). These fish tacos with home-made guacamole and mango salsa will rock your world! The simple mango salsa with tomato, cilantro and lime is the perfect topping for these tacos! Here is an easy way to make crispy battered fish tacos.
Plan on fish tacos for your next summer get-together…then please invite me to it because they're amazing. Fish tacos are traditionally made with fish that has been beer-battered and fried. This version, from Jennifer Chandler's cookbook "Simply Suppers Place the crema in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. You can have Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro) using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro)
- It’s of Flour.
- You need of Corn Starch.
- You need of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Paprika.
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Salt Pepper.
- Prepare of Egg.
- It’s of Beer.
- It’s of White Fish.
- You need of Red Cabbage.
- You need of Mango Salsa (mango, pineapple, onion, tomatoes, red pepper, ginger, lime, cilantro).
- It’s of Cilantro.
- You need of Chipotles.
- You need of Mayo.
- You need of Sour Cream.
- You need of Lime.
- Prepare of Corn Tortillias.
In small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup of the oil, the lime juice, garlic, and. Born south of the border in Baja, Mexico, fish tacos are a Socal staple. Let Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with Chipotle Crema be a staple in your kitchen too. Heat tortillas according to package directions.
Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro) instructions
- Add together dry ingredients: 3/4 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch, 1 tsp of baking power, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. Whisk together..
- Add egg and whisk and add 1 cup of beer (modelo/or a light beer). Add this to the dry ingredients and whisk all together. Let this batter sit for 1-2 hours before cooking..
- Slice fish into proper sizes for the tacos. Let them dry on paper towels in the fridge..
- Prepare toppings. Slice Red Cabbage, prepare mango salsa and make the chipotle mayo..
- Chipotle mayo: add 2-3 chipotles from can to 1 and 1/2 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1 tsp of lime juice. Blend together. **can substitute hot sauce for chipotles..
- Heat corn tortillas in a pan on the stove in some oil to wake them up..
- Heat oil to 350-375 F..
- Add fish to batter and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until the batter is golden brown. Let dry on baking rack or paper towels.
- Add all together and enjoy a simple and tasty taco! Top with some lime and cilantro!.
Adding beer to the batter helps the fish for these tacos fry up golden brown. These Beer Battered Fish Tacos have a delicious creamy Baja Sauce drizzled on top. Fish tacos are a lot more popular than they used to be. The best way to make them is to add the fried fish to a warmed corn tortilla, squeeze lime on the fish and top it with cabbage, red onion, shredded cheese. Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with Tomato & Avocado Salsa.