Recipe: Tasty Chicken Gorditas
Chicken Gorditas. This chicken gorditas recipe is made with shredded meat that's been simmered In a spicy tomato But the dish my friends deem the most beloved are the gorditas—round, thick masa cakes that have. The name "gorditas" literally translates to "chubby" in English, so dubbed because they are essentially fat little tortillas. Shredded Chicken in a Homemade Masa Gordita Pocket.
A gordita (Spanish pronunciation: [ɡoɾˈðita]) in Mexican cuisine is a pastry made with masa and stuffed with cheese, meat, or other fillings. Cover and cook on Low for. Tex-Mex gorditas are round thick masa cakes that have been Flour Gorditas With Chicken, Potato, And Green Chile Stew With All-purpose Flour, Softened Butter. You can cook Chicken Gorditas using 28 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Gorditas
- Prepare of Dough.
- You need 2 cup of Maseca.
- You need 2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 3 large of Boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 of Tomato Boullion Cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Adobo All Purpose Seasoning.
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- It’s of mexican rice.
- It’s 1 cup of medium grain rice.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Chicken Stock (left over water from chicken).
- Prepare 1/2 envelope of Sazon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Salsa.
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 large of Tomato.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of juice of lime.
- It’s of Toppings.
- You need 1 of Crema Mexicana.
- Prepare 1 of Shredded Lettuce.
- You need 1 of Sliced Tomato.
- You need 1 of Refried Beans.
- It’s cup of shredded quesadilla cheese.
Gorditas recipe – These delicious little thick corn tortillas stuffed with savory fillings are easy to make GORDITAS RECIPE. They're a great way to use the leftover stew from yesterday or the lonely refried. Remove gorditas with spatula and place on a cooling rack or a paper towel to absorb excess oil. When gorditas are cool enough to handle, split each with.
Chicken Gorditas step by step
- Mix all of the dough ingredients in a medium mixing bowl using a hand mixer..
- Divide dough into eight pieces. Roll into balls and using the palm of your hand flatten each ball slightly forming a disc. (not too thin).
- Place a small amount of oil on a griddle and cook each disc on medium high heat on both sides until lightly browned..
- Wrap in foil and save until later..
- Prepare chicken. Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Until chicken is fully cooked..
- Remove chicken (save the leftover water) cut each breast in half and place in a large mixing bowl with 1/2 cup of the chicken stock. (Save the rest of the stock for rice).
- Using a hand mixer shred your chicken. When finished cover with foil and save for later..
- Prepare your rice. Place oil in saucepan over medium high heat. Add rice and fry until light brown. Add your 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock your sazon and stir once. Tightly cover with a lid and reduce heat low for 20mins. Do not stir in the mean time. When finished remove from heat. And fluff with a fork before serving..
- Prepare refried beans. I use a can of pinto beans cooked over medium jigh heat and then smash them..
- Fry Gorditas. Place 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Cut gorditas almost all the way through like a bun. Fry on each side but be sure to keep a fork in the middle while frying to keep it from frying shut. Remove from oil and place on paper towel..
- Spread beans inside each gordita. Add a handful of chicken a handful of cheese, shredded lettuce a slice of tomato and drizzle with some crema mexicana. (Its easier to cut the gorditas all the way through once fried and assemble like a sandwich).
- Serve with beans and rice and salsa..
Ingredients for Gorditas: ¼ cup Wheat-Free Market All-Purpose Baking Building your Gorditas: Heat leftover rotisserie chicken or pulled pork in a skillet with a few dashes of chile powder, salt, and pepper. Top the indentations with chicken, salsa, sour cream, and cheese and serve hot. FOR THE GORDITAS: Mix masa harina and salt in medium bowl, then fold in water with rubber spatula. Mexican Gorditas ( Little Fat Ones) (Gorditas Rellenas). Each time I make gorditas, I can still picture my grandmother making these little fat corn masa pattie cakes.