Easiest Way to Make Perfect Iz's Baked Potato Bread
Iz's Baked Potato Bread. Making Irish Soda Bread – How to make Soda Bread. Автор: Videos of Irish Farming Life. Irish potato bread being cooked in a rural Kitchen in Ireland by a local cook. Potato bread is so full of flavor!
The loaves are beautifully golden brown and the kitchen is filled with that heavenly freshly baked bread. We start with russet potatoes—the baking potato. Russets have a lot of starch and starch is the magic that helps with rise, texture, and structure in Bake the bread until golden. You can have Iz's Baked Potato Bread using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Iz's Baked Potato Bread
- Prepare 1 cup of bread flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of potato flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of bacon bits.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper – I LOVE pepper, you may want to cut that by half..
- You need 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- You need 3 1/2 oz of ice water – just shy 1/2 cup.
- It’s 1 oz of cheese – manchego or sharp cheddar.
You can bake the potatoes directly on the oven rack, or you can place them a few inches apart on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Thick and moist, freshly baked potato bread tastes nothing like grocery store potato rolls. Good for soaking up the juices of pulled pork, meatballs, or stews, this tasty bread also works well in grilled cheese or nut butter and jelly sandwiches. The local co-op was recently selling its own version of Loaded Baked Potato Bread, and after picking my jaw up off the floor upon hearing this news, I.
Iz's Baked Potato Bread instructions
- Add all ingredients but water and cheese to a bowl.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Add water.
- Mix until incorporated, work on lightly floured table until smooth and a bit warmed. (The ice water is to give you enough time to work this dough without it getting too warm.).
- Place back into bowl and cover..
- Allow to double. About 2 hours..
- Shape into peasant shape. It should resemble a baked potato. Place on a cormeal dusted pan. Cover with plastic wrap..
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Allow to double again. About 90 minutes. Or when it holds a dimple when pressed with a finger. For a more realistic look wash with egg, simple syrup, or half & half. If you prefer not to, it will not affect the flavor, only the appearance. With a razor blade or sharp knife cut the length of the loaf..
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 20 – 30 minutes or more until hollow sounding when tapped on bottom or internal temperature reaches 180°F – 200°F..
- Allow to cool..
Learn how to make baked potatoes with this simple step-by-step video tutorial and baked potato recipe. These baked potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and SO delicious. White potatoes make bread fluffy but they add no flavor. When I added squash to bread dough, it made the bread a very pale orange, and the flavor was very subtle. But like dried herbs that are stronger than fresh ones, the dried sweet potatoes in the flour added a very distinctive flavor.