How to Prepare Appetizing BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich. How to make BBQ pulled pork for sandwiches A delicious pulled pork sandwich, topped with a coleslaw made with "Frog Bone's Spanish Moss White BBQ Sauce". All Reviews for BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich. Slow cook pork shoulder for four hours in the oven to tenderise then finish on a BBQ.
These BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are a crowd pleasing that is made with a slow cooker so the active preparation time is just minutes! I've got something fun for you today. I have teamed up with six of my favorite Chicago food bloggers for a virtual dinner party! You can have BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
- It’s 3 lb. of pork (shoulder or butt, bone-in).
- It’s 3 tbs. of dry rub (seasonings).
- You need 1 of small onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple-cider vinegar.
- You need 2 cups of BBQ sauce (divided).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dry mustard.
- It’s 1 sprig of fresh rosemary.
BBQ pulled pork sandwich is always a crowd's favorite at potlucks and parties. Soft buns are filled with tender, BBQ-flavored meat and as many toppings as one desires! Check the post for detailed instructions and ideas on toppings/sides, … How to make BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. When it comes to BBQ nothing beats a good, simple, pulled pork sandwich.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich step by step
- Prepare the pork (trim fat, remove rind) and cover the meat with dry rub seasonings and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour (covered)..
- Heat up an outdoor grill with smoking chips (best) or a large frying pan with oil, and sear the meat on all sides on medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes all 4 sides. [This will seal in the juices of the meat while slow-cooking later in the oven].
- Heat oven to 300˚.
- Transfer the meat to a large pot / pan with lid (oven proof) and add the onion, braising liquid ingredients, and seasonings. Cover and place in the oven to slow cook for 3 hours..
- When done cooking, carefully remove the meat from the pan and place on a large cutting board surface. Allow the pork to cool a bit. Drain off the pan liquid..
- Shred the pork using two forks. Lightly chop the shredded pieces crosswise..
- Add the shredded pork back to the empty pan and lightly cover with BBQ sauce. Cover and place back into the now cooling oven for 10 minutes..
- Remove from oven and lightly mix the pork. Place the pork on open buns / rolls and top with other favorite toppings (slaw, pickle, etc.)..
For me, pork butt or pork shoulder blade roast, as it's sometimes called, makes the best pulled pork. Anyone can smoke a pork butt and this recipe is a guaranteed "no fail" method on how I do it. First let's talk about the pork butt. This pulled pork comes together easily and the homemade marinade makes the difference. Pulled pork sandwiches can hardly be called sandwiches!